2020 Coronavirus Outbreak – COVID-19 Testing and COVID-19 Antibody Testing
Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a global health concern.
Can I be tested for a COVID-19 infection at AFC Urgent Care West Chester?
Yes. Screening and testing for COVID-19 is available at AFC Urgent Care West Chester.
Do you offer PCR nasal swab testing?
- Yes, PCR nasal swab testing, which is highly accurate in detecting COVID-19 active infections, is available at our center every day. It is often referred to as the “gold-standard”.
Do you offer Rapid COVID-19 testing?
- We offer the ABBOTT IDNOW molecular diagnostic rapid test which can detect active coronavirus infection. This test is also highly accurate and usually does not need to be repeated, as some antigen rapid tests may require. Similar to the PCR test, a nasal swab specimen is taken to detect the active virus. The tests are run at our location with results available the day the specimen is collected. Patients may be able to schedule a test without a telemed visit for a self-pay rate of $150. Be advised that most insurances do not cover the rapid test when simply for convenience and not medically necessary.
What is the process for getting tested?
- For PCR testing –Schedule a telemedicine visit first click here with one of our Doctors or Physician Assistants/Nurse Practitioners for a on-line consultation. During the telemed visit, a specific time convenient for you to come to our center will be assigned for the actual test. This process allows for better management of the high demand for tests and minimizes the wait time for patients.
- Upon arrival at our center for the actual COVID test, please drive behind our center and park in the Tires Plus parking lot in the parking spots between the orange cones and call our front desk at 484-999-0204 to inform us you have arrived and to receive any additional instructions.
- Self-pay rapid testing (cost of $150) – Schedule a self-pay rapid test by registering through our separate on-line rapid test booking page. Click here to proceed with making an appointment for the self-pay molecular rapid test.
- Upon arrival at our center for the self-pay rapid test, please call our front desk staff at 484-999-0204 to pay via credit card and to receive further instructions.
Does insurance cover the cost of getting tested?
- Currently most insurance carriers are covering PCR COVID screening and testing with no out-of-pocket costs to patients, however, please check with your insurance provider for additional details. The coverage levels may vary with the insurance and the reason for your testing. (Surgery, Travel Exposure).
What if I do not have insurance?
- We offer a self-pay option for COVID testing. Additionally, if you are uninsured you may be covered by The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act. You will need to sign a document attesting you are uninsured. Please check with our staff before getting tested.
What is the turnaround time for the results?
- PCR testing takes about 24-48 hours to get the results in majority of the cases.
- The rapid tests results are available the same day- usually within 1 hour.
How do we get our results?
- For PCR test—results are available on the LabCorp patient portal or via secure email, phone call, or can be picked-up at our center.
- Link to create an account on LabCorp’s Patient Portal: www.patient.labcorp.com
- For self-pay IDNow rapid test – results are available via secure email, a phone call, or picked -up at our center.
Can the tests be used for Surgery and Travel?
- Yes, PCR and ABBOTT IDNOW test results are often used for employment, surgery, and travel purposes. As requirements may vary, it is best to verify the COVID testing requirements for your specific situation.
If you have symptoms of COVID-19 or are asymptomatic but have been exposed to a person with COVID-19, please call the office at (484) 999-0204 before coming to our center!