AFC Urgent Care West Chester Now Offers Telemedicine
Enjoy AFC Telecare from the comfort of your home!
AFC Urgent Care West Chester is now happy to offer telemedicine. Receive high-quality care from board-certified doctors and medical professionals without leaving the comfort of your home. This new option is an excellent choice if you do not have time to travel to our clinic for your illness or if you are concerned about the current COVID-19 outbreak. While our clinic remains open seven days a week for walk-in patients, this remains an option for many patients suffering from a variety of illnesses and injuries.
When did this urgent care center start to offer Telemedicine?
Telemedicine became available at AFC Urgent Care West Chester in April of 2020.
How do I make a telemedicine appointment? What should I expect when an appointment is made?
Making a telemedicine appointment is fairly straightforward and very easy. You do not need any special software or hardware to connect with a doctor. Just follow these steps:
- Click here to register with our urgent care center and schedule a time for your virtual visit.
- You will receive a text and/or email with a confirmation of your virtual visit. There will also be a request to complete your registration online prior to your virtual visit.
- When the time for your appointment arrives, click on the “join video visit” link in your email or text. You can join via phone, computer, or tablet, as long as they have audio and video capabilities. Remember, a doctor will not be able to see or hear you if your device does not have a mic or camera.
- One of our caring medical providers located in AFC Urgent Care West Chester will conduct an evaluation and direct the treatment of your healthcare needs. However, during the assessment, a provider may determine that a face to face visit is necessary and will then schedule an appointment at our clinic to be seen.
Can I be screened for COVID-19 using telemedicine?
Yes, we can screen you for COVID-19 with telemedicine. Our provider will evaluate you for a possible coronavirus infection and then give you guidance of the next steps based on your symptoms and condition. If you feel you may have a COVID-19 infection, this is our preferred way for you to start your assessment and treatment.
What are some illnesses and injuries that can be treated with a virtual visit?
Some of the most common injuries and illnesses that can be treated with a virtual visit include:
- COVID-19 screening
- Arthritic Pain
- Colds and Flu
- Insect Bites
- Respiratory Infections
- Skin Inflammations
- Sore Throats
- Sprains & Strains
- Bladder Infections
- Sports Injuries
What are some illnesses and injuries that cannot be treated with a virtual visit?
Unfortunately, we cannot treat everything through a virtual visit. Some illnesses, injuries, and services that require an in-person appointment include:
- DOT Physicals
- Camp, Sports, or Non-DOT Work Physicals
- Immigration Physicals
- Sutures (stitches)
- Abscess drainage
- Foreign body removal
Can I get my prescription medication refilled with telemedicine?
In some cases, yes, we can approve of prescription medication refills with a virtual visit. We will not prescribe controlled or addictive substances, ADD, ADHD, or medications related to mental health with a virtual visit. Medications that treat chronic illnesses are limited to a one month supply.
How much does it cost to have a telemedicine appointment? Will my insurance cover the cost of an appointment?
Most insurances are covering telemedicine with little or no out-of-pocket cost sharing for the patient. So even if you have a high deductible plan, your AFC TeleCare visit could be covered at 100%! This will change as COVID-19 passes and stay-at-home orders are lifted. Your insurance company wants to make sure you take care of yourself during this outbreak which is why they are waiving some patient payment responsibilities for the next month or so. Please call our office if you have questions about your particular plan.
Our telemedicine platform can provide virtual healthcare services from the comfort of your home from the doctors you would visit at our clinic.Take advantage of this new service and book an appointment today to start to feel better. Please call if you have any questions!